Friday, April 22, 2011

S Is for the Seventies

Could there have been a decade better than the 1970's in America? As a teenager during that time, I was certain no time before or after would be as wonderful. In many ways I was right on the mark. There will be no other time in my life to compare with those years approaching adulthood.

Maybe I'm not the only one who watched "That 70s Show" and didn't see an enormous difference between life then and now.

Ah, let me take that back. There was an innocence in 1970s teenagers that is nearly impossible today. Unless you lived in a big city back then, you were pretty much sheltered from many of life's seedier happenings. Sure, you could catch the news at 6 and 11, but back then we weren't inundated with information coming at us at lightning speed 24/7.

I don't live for those years, but I live more richly today because of those times. I came of age during the 1970s and I don't regret a moment of it.

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't been born in the 70s! :p Looked like a cool time though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kyra: For me, spending my teen years and becoming an adult, the 70s were the best of times.

    ReplyDelete