Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When You Wish Upon a Star...

Can ya hear Jiminy Cricket warbling it now, "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are..."
But there was a secret Jiminy didn't reveal. I guess that's because his intended audience was children and why spoil the innocence of childhood years?

As adults, we know that mere wishing doesn't accomplish a thing. My father, a charming and plain-spoken man, used to explain it to me thusly: Wish in one hand and poop in the other. See which one fills up first. Yep, that's how he presented that life lesson to me. I guess it stuck--fifty years later I still have it committed to memory.

Anyway, the point is that actions have to follow intent to get results. If it isn't an important enough wish for you to act on, little if anything is going to come from it.

I've begun the challenge Rose Kitchen initiated on her blog, Online Writing Opportunities. The challenge is to aim for $875.00/week in writing income for this last week of April and the month of May. If wishing would do it, I'd be halfway to my weekly goal by now. The spirit is willing but the mind is weak. I'm going to participate in the challenge. Even if I don't meet the challenge goal, I am certain I will be far more productive writing than if I had not followed my wish with action.

Could you enjoy earning $875/week or more? How about just increasing your productivity? Give Rose's challenge a read, if you haven't already, and join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment